- Consultation is by appointment only. The GPs have surgeries morning and afternoon, Monday to Friday.
- The Practice offers “48 hour appointments” you should call at 8.30am to book one of these appointments as they book very quickly.
- The Practice operates on the day appointments whereby if you require an appointment for that day please call the surgery at 8.30am.
- We also have early morning and afternoon pre-bookable appointments, whereby you can book an appointment to see most GPs one month in advance.
- You can also request a telephone consultation, whereby the Doctor will call you at a given time to discuss your medical problem via the telephone if this is more suitable.
- Sometimes you may have to wait longer if you wish to see a specific Doctor within the Practice, (this is especially true when your GP of choice is on holiday) we do remind patients that there are other Doctors within the Practice who can also see you regarding your medical problem.
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend you may receive a letter.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance. (excluding weekends and public holidays).
If you are Late
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are more than 10 minutes late you may not be seen and you will have to re-arrange.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist when you book the appointment and she will arrange this for you.
Private Medical Examinations
Medical examinations for special purposes such as pre-employment, fitness to travel, elderly drivers, fitness to undertake sports etc, will require longer than a routine appointment.
These examinations do not form part of NHS Services, you will be charged for any such examination. Please check the fee chargeable when you arrange any such examination.
Request for GP Letters/Completion of Forms
If your Doctor has agreed to write a letter for you in connection with your employment, acting as a referee, or for some other specific area, you may be charged for this letter. Please allow at least one week before collecting your letter. It is advisable you phone first to find out if your letter/form is ready to be collected.
The reception staff will advise you of any applicable charges.